6.2.09

When I Heard the Lern'd English Teacher


When I heard the learn'd English teacher,
When all the allusions, the hyperboles were ranged in Cornell notes before me,

When I was shown the Aristotlean triangle, to annotate, summarize, and synthesize sources,

When I sitting heard the educator where she lectured with much awkward silence when questioned,
How soon my brain grew puzzled and swollen,

Til fleeing and escaping when the bell rang,

In the fluorescent-lit paradise of science and from time to time,
Look'd up in perfect euphoria at the periodic table.

-The poem Zamaika and I made for English modeled after When I Heard the Learn'd Astronomer, by Walt Whitman.

The weirdest thing happened last night. I was really sleepy, I had a headache, and I could barely look at the computer screen because there were white spots and lines in front of my eyes. And everything looked really bright. I was so glad to wake up in the morning with my sight normal again.

I discovered the widescreen format on my camera. Everything looks oddly beautiful on widescreen.

Overachieving is fun. =D
So is salvaging books the English department has had since the school opened 60 years ago. A
nd watching basically your whole English class so eager to get free books.

No comments:

Post a Comment