3.1.09

*yawn*



Tired...and ready to sleep...oh the effects of studying. This picture was taken at the De Young Museum in San Francisco, another of my summer shots. I tried to get all artisticy here by shooting what I think of as a backwards silhouette...something like that.

The other day I read this article on Mental_Floss of the reasons we yawn. It's too bad, though, that we still don't exactly know why. It's been scientifically proven that it has nothing to do with CO2 or Oxygen, but what else could it be? And why do we yawn when we see other people do it? The article suggests our "yawn instinct" could come from ancestral instincts. Our minds are supposedly more active and alert when we yawn, so when one person in these ancient groups yawned, the rest would, and the group would be more efficient. Well, it makes sense to me at least.

55% of people yawn within 5 minutes of seeing another person yawn.

I think...I might go to bed now...Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment